Wednesday, November 2

Cooking: Taco Casserole

There is something about Fall that makes me want to cook and bake! Once I start cooking, its like an infection and I just want to keep cooking! Does this happen to you? 

Anyways this recipe is so yummy, I can't wait to make it again! Its also super easy. You need:

1 lb ground beef
16 oz refried beans
16 oz spanish rice
2 cups shredded cheese (I used a combination of cheddar and monteray jack)
2 cups coarsly crushed tortilla chips (I put them in a bowl and crush them with the bottom of a glass)
1 package taco seasoning (omit or reduce this if you want it less salty)
1 cup salsa (mild for me!)

optional:
2 green onions, chopped
1 can black olives, sliced
1 tomato, chopped


Directions:
(Preheat oven to 375 Degrees Fahrenheit)
1) Brown ground beef and drain
2) Add taco seasoning (or desired spices) according to package directions
3) Put crushed chips in bottom of 9x9 baking dish
4) Cook refried beans on stove until hot
5) Add 1 cup cheese and 1 cup salsa to refried beans, stir until combined
6) Pour beans over corn chips in baking dish
7) Heat Spanish rice, pour over beans in baking dish
8) Add beef on top of rice
9) Sprinkle remaining cheese over beef
10) sprinkle green onions and black olives over cheese
11) Bake in oven until cheese is sufficiently melted
12) Take out of oven, sprinkle tomatoes on top
13) Wait 1-2 minutes then enjoy!!!

If you try it, I'd love to hear what you think!!

No comments: