Tuesday, November 1

Beautiful Women

Halloween is over, which means you probably have a bunch of candy laying around screaming your name. Also Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner, along with tons of treats & yummy foods. I don't know about you, but I've been fighting feelings of guilt over every bite of candy I eat and every time I'm inspired to bake something yummy I feel bad. So... I think we all need a little inspiration and a reminder to love ourselves the way we are!


This woman is Lizzie Miller, a 20-year-old model who posed nearly nude in  Glamour Magazine to inspire women to love themselves. She says:

“When I was young I really struggled with my body and how it looked because I didn't understand why my friends were so effortlessly skinny," Lizzi told me. "As I got older I realized that everyone's body is different and not everyone is skinny naturally--me included! I learned to love my body for how it is, every curve of it. I used to be so self-conscious in a bikini because my stomach wasn't perfectly defined. But everyone has different body shapes! And it's not all about the physical! If you walk on the beach in your bikini with confidence and you feel sexy, people will see you that way too."

I highly recommend you read the article, it is very inspiring. Lizzie talks about how she "likes exercising when its fun!" which is an important reminder to those of us who thinks it has to be 30 minutes in the gym on a treadmill. Lizzie plays softball and bellydances! I like to go for walks and dance in my living room. What do you like to do for fun exercise?

As the holidays continue to roll around, lets remember that it is okay to eat candy, bake cookies, have babies, have fun, and be proud of yourself!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

lol, Halloween night I came home from work at midnight, ate a ton of candy and knew that it was a bad idea. Then I couldn't sleep. While I didn't hate myself, I wasn't impressed with my decision to gorge! But the message of the article is a sound one.

Anonymous said...

"I need to love myself." -I just hope more girls would realize that being skinny is NOT everything and they should love their selves more.