Tuesday, May 1

Business Tuesday: Business Books

One of the big changes I have been going through recently is that I finally decided that I want to run a small creative business. I know, I've been running my Etsy shop for over a year now and I have been thinking this in the back of my head for years before that, but I finally have convinced myself that it is possible. It may not be easy, but I am going to give it my all and I am going to run my creative business!

So from now on, I will dedicate every Tuesday to something related to my business on my blog.

As part of this new decision, I recently bought some books online. This is my first step in learning the business aspect of....my business. I don't know anything about taxes, permits, budgeting, licensing, etc. All I know is that I love to make things, and I love to interact with people. So I bought some books to help me with what I don't know:






Have you read or heard of any of these? The business planner is based off of the book, and I can't wait to dive into all of them! From what I have read so far, I am very excited to get started. I will definitely post a thorough review when I have finished each one!

1 comment:

Jessica Marie said...

Heyo. I see that you're champing the heck out of this post-every-day thing. Nice!

In reference to this post and your budding business...do you follow A Beautiful Mess? It is the blog of a few creative small-business owners...you know, those people we all wish to be. The ones that started off making trinkets and selling them at craft fairs and now have their own real-life, successful-enough-to-pay-taxes-on business. They have written an e-course called Dream Job that is all about what you're talking about. If you're anything like me...the accountability of a course might be more helpful than How-To books.

(They're my second biggest blog crush. I should get paid for promoting them like this, don't you think? Ah well.)

Anyway this is the link to the e-course. http://shopredvelvet.com/collections/e-course/products/dream-job-e-course

Let me know how the books are. If I ever take the small-business plunge references could only help.