Thursday, July 5

Be You

What this means to me: Do you ever feel like you know what you want to do, and if only ---[enter excuse]--- was different then you could do it? For example, I want to buy a DSLR camera and learn how to take amazing pictures and work photoshop. If only I knew which camera to buy, how much is reasonable to spend, how to get started learning the first thing about photography, and had a personal tutor in photoshop, then I could do it. I want to have amazing photographs, and if I did, I would totally be brave and post them all over the internet.

But... I have a hand-me-down digital point-and-shoot, and I don't own a photoshop program, and wouldn't know what to do with it if I did. I can be a slow learner when it comes to some things, so I am afraid that it will take too much time for me to learn these skills.

There it is: the fear. I am afraid of the time it will take. I am afraid that I won't be able to do it. I am afraid I will not be happy with the result once I do finally learn how to do it. Screw that! I want to learn this! I am not happy with my current camera and I want to try this. I may not be happy with the result but I certainly won't be happy if I never try. Photoshop might be too complicated and tech-y for me, but learning as much as I can about it will make it a little less complicated, and certainly won't hurt.

This is me, this is what I want to do, and I am going to be brave and do it!

What is something that you try to be brave about?

image source: unknown

2 comments:

Loris said...

Why don't you see if there is a photography class in town. I took one and learned a lot. Most of it I forgot. I personally hate Photoshop cause j had to use it in that class and just couldn't figure it out. But I still love taking pictures. Go for it. I have a Nikon D500 I think it is and don't even use half of its features but I love it. Plus there is always the internet as a resource.

Lauren Leggatt said...

this is so gorgeous I cant get over it, and not the mention the quote is stunning! :)