Thursday, October 4

Business Days: Being Fair to Yourself

Since I started selling on Etsy, I've had many great experiences, received wonderful feedback, and met a lot of exceptional people.

Every once in awhile, however, I come across some challenging people. People that make me feel inadequate, incompetent, and just generally frustrated.

Problem #1:
Messaging me after they place an order to tell me they need it in a few days, when my shop introduction specifically says to notify me of any deadlines (earlier than my general 7-10 days plus shipping time) before placing the order. This has been happening to me a lot lately! I am still working on a solution for this.

Problem #2:
Requesting a custom order then changing their mind after I have started making it. This has happened to me a few times. It is one of those things that I can't really do much about.

Problem #3:
Claiming the order they received wasn't correct. For example that I got the quantity wrong, or the exact size is different than described. This has only happened to me twice. It both cases I allowed the customer to be right and offered them options for refund/exchange.

Are there any Etsy sellers out there who deal with similar problems? I would love to hear any suggestions you have!


No comments: